Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin won't run Direct3D11 even though my PC supports it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wiiboy4ever

the only backbend that works is 3d9. Every other one crashes upon startup of the game.

Why is it doing this, and how can I get 3d11 to run on my PC???

[Image: FLGxl0b.png?1]
[Image: 1negwnD.png?1]

haloharry97

(06-17-2014, 10:53 PM)Wiiboy4ever Wrote: [ -> ]the only backbend that works is 3d9. Every other one crashes upon startup of the game.

is your drivers up to date
if they are
try to reinstall them

Wiiboy4ever

(06-17-2014, 10:55 PM)haloharry97 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2014, 10:53 PM)Wiiboy4ever Wrote: [ -> ]the only backbend that works is 3d9. Every other one crashes upon startup of the game.

if they are
try to reinstall them
I already tried that.

haloharry97

(06-17-2014, 11:01 PM)Wiiboy4ever Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2014, 10:55 PM)haloharry97 Wrote: [ -> ]

if they are
try to reinstall them
I already tried that.

ok go to your dx11 tab in graphics tell me if you have AA
if you do not i had the same problem
what i did to fix is it reinstall windows
but try other things out 1st
No it doesn't, GeForce 6150SE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_6_series does not support direct 3d 11 or 10. What you showed us is what you have installed, not what your chip supports.
Just because you have DX11 installed doesn't mean your hardware supports it
Yeah uh.. you should probably try running Dolphin on a desktop computer with adequate hardware meaning a decent cpu and dedicated gpu. As said above your hardware does no support DX10/DX11 and I'm not sure if OpenGL would work in recent builds but if it does it will be terribly slow. Even with D3D9 you probably are not going to achieve decent performance on such a system and it will be a frustrating experience trying to test/play games with such low fps.

Wiiboy4ever

So.... in other words, get a better computer to run 11?
Considering that the oldest GPUs to support D3D10 are 8 years old, it doesn't even need to be better. Just less bad. And then the oldest to support D3D11 fully (my own) are 5 years old. Really, you could find a 5770 for, like, $50. I found one for $30CAD a while a go, even, and almost got it for crossfire, then decided not to.