Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS limit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like my games are capped at 30 FPS. I turned off the FPS limit in the settings. Tried looking around but couldn't find the solution.

Specs:
C2D @ 4ghz
2 gb of ram
evga 9800 GT 512 mb
Windows 7 RC 32-bit
(08-15-2009, 08:18 AM)retsnom Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like my games are capped at 30 FPS. I turned off the FPS limit in the settings. Tried looking around but couldn't find the solution.

Specs:
C2D @ 4ghz
2 gb of ram
evga 9800 GT 512 mb
Windows 7 RC 32-bit

you dont want to uncap your fps because the game goes extremly fast, the framelimiter you are probably using is located in the dsp settings. disabling other audio will turn it off, also in config general you will find a framelimiter on newer builds, this is more stable
Ok, what game are you trying to run?
And your Specs look ok, except for maybe your Processor is it single core? I don't really know
It depends on which game you're trying to run if we know which games your running we will be able to tell you if something is wrong or not.
Also why would you want to set a limit for FPS when you are trying to get as much out of dolphin as possible?
(08-15-2009, 08:24 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, what game are you trying to run?
And your Specs look ok, except for maybe your Processor is it single core? I don't really know
It depends on which game you're trying to run if we know which games your running we will be able to tell you if something is wrong or not.
Also why would you want to set a limit for FPS when you are trying to get as much out of dolphin as possible?

I'm trying to run Windwaker on SVN 3972(latest).

C2D = Core2Duo.

I'm trying to take the limit off.

I'm trying to see the max FPS on my system, but I can't get it to go past 30

THELUKESTIR, I think the DSP setting(Enable Other Audio) might've been the problem. Windwaker still deeps in FPS, though... So much for that :|
(08-15-2009, 08:29 AM)retsnom Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2009, 08:24 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, what game are you trying to run?

C2D = Core2Duo.

I'm trying to see the max FPS on my system, but I can't get it to go past 30 FPS.

do what i said
(08-15-2009, 08:32 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]

C2D = Core2Duo.

I'm trying to see the max FPS on my system, but I can't get it to go past 30 FPS.

do what i said

Yea, I've already tried it. I edited my last post but in case you missed it:

"THELUKESTIR, I think the DSP setting(Enable Other Audio) might've been the problem. Windwaker still deeps in FPS, though... So much for that :| "

I'm thinking it might be the SVN build... though I can't say for sure since this is my first time using Dolphin.
(08-15-2009, 08:45 AM)retsnom Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2009, 08:32 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]

C2D = Core2Duo.

do what i said

Yea, I've already tried it. I edited my last post but in case you missed it:

"THELUKESTIR, I think the DSP setting(Enable Other Audio) might've been the problem. Windwaker still deeps in FPS, though... So much for that :| "

I'm thinking it might be the SVN build... though I can't say for sure since this is my first time using Dolphin.

get the official build 3972 off the main page (might be 3971) that is sure to be stable and disabling other audio in the dsp settings and setting the framelimiter in config to off will turn off all framelimiting.
keep in mind that 30fps is full speed for zelda ww on ntsc.

either you set framelimiter to auto/30 or dps enable other audio on or your pc is too slow.
This would be useful for games that have a variable frame rate (most of the multiplatform), values of 30 or 60 fps would be enough.
Please see our rules about necroposting. Keep in mind, Dolphin offers an option called the Speed Limit which should limit the FPS as a percentage of its intended fullspeed value (25/50 on PAL, 30/60 on NTSC).