Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Really Weird Glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

VAIbanez

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem here and I was wondering if you can help me. I've looked all over the net and haven't found even the slightest hint that anyone is having the same problem. I'm trying to play twilight princess (GC version) and I have a pretty decent computer, Dell XPS 15 l521x (Windows 7 Pro x64, 6 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GT 630M with 1 GB dedicated memory, Intel i5 3230 2.6 GHz). I'm using Dolphin 4.0.2. When I load the game the title screen is fine, until I get to the gameplay, which normally lags at first around 22-27 FPS (not terrible) but here's where it gets weird: When I press escape and choose to keep the game running, I will simply open the graphics config, and it will automatically jump up to full speed, no matter what the settings and without changing them. What's even weirder is that when I resume gameplay, it stays full speed, flawlessly I might add. And although changing the settings doesn't change anything after I go into the graphics config, it does make a difference before hand. Some will make it slower, or faster (not full speed), but as soon as I simply enter the graphics config, it's perfect. I've tried reinstalling it, I've tried the latest SVN, I've even tried deleting the dolphin emu folder from documents. Nothing has worked. Oh, and I'm using the Direct3D9, which I like best because it actually works the best and allows me to use my NVidia card.

Anybody know why this is occurring?

-Thanks

P.S. This emulator is awesome, and the work done to develop it is much appreciated.
You got a lot of misconceptions going on.

1: D3D11 and OpenGL can use your graphics card, and both will work better, especially OpenGL in this particular game due to it having Vertex Streaming Hack at that point.
2: You need to follow the laptop performance guide: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
3: Dolphin has INI files to make sure things work. What you do by opening the graphics menu is override the INI file, which means stuff like the map in Twilight Princess is probably broken, or you'll see the map cursor flicker around, etc.
4: Disabling features of the emulator to get more speed is definitely an option, this isn't any kind of glitch as much as you overriding the defaults to make the game run "perfectly"

VAIbanez

(06-17-2014, 08:18 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You got a lot of misconceptions going on.

1: D3D11 and OpenGL can use your graphics card, and both will work better, especially OpenGL in this particular game due to it having Vertex Streaming Hack at that point.
2: You need to follow the laptop performance guide: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
3: Dolphin has INI files to make sure things work. What you do by opening the graphics menu is override the INI file, which means stuff like the map in Twilight Princess is probably broken, or you'll see the map cursor flicker around, etc.
4: Disabling features of the emulator to get more speed is definitely an option, this isn't any kind of glitch as much as you overriding the defaults to make the game run "perfectly"

Oh, well thank you, that helps a lot. I understand now. Where can I find the game ini in dolphin 4.0.2, or any other ini files needed to make the change permanent?
You can right click and enter game properties from the game list. Show defaults shows the INI.