Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Not Responding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

miniclip13

I have been happily using Dolphin for about a year now, I would quit it every once in awhile and then go back to it and download the new version. It always worked perfectly for me and now for some reason when I open it (not even clicking on any games or anything) it instantly does not respond. I have looked everywhere for a solution and can not seem to find one so I really hope someone here can help me.

PC Specs

Windows x64
Intel® Core™ 2.70Ghz
8gb of RAM
GeForce GTX 675M
Have you tried using the latest development revisions? 4.0.2 is quite old by now actually. See here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

miniclip13

(06-15-2014, 01:03 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using the latest development revisions? 4.0.2 is quite old by now actually. See here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Still nothing...
Can you at least close Dolphin or does it eventually give you a Windows "Program is not responding" message?

miniclip13

(06-15-2014, 08:01 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Can you at least close Dolphin or does it eventually give you a Windows "Program is not responding" message?

It either gives me the not responding message or I have to ctrl alt delete it.
I'm inclined to say that it's an OS or driver issue (I don't recall OS X or Linux users getting this problem, but I have seen Windows users getting this a lot). Have you tried completely uninstalling 4.0.2 and deleting the Dolphin folder in My Documents? Try that, then use the latest development build (not 4.0.2) again.

You could always try reinstalling Windows as well, but that's a bit of a nuclear option.

miniclip13

(06-16-2014, 03:15 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm inclined to say that it's an OS or driver issue (I don't recall OS X or Linux users getting this problem, but I have seen Windows users getting this a lot). Have you tried completely uninstalling 4.0.2 and deleting the Dolphin folder in My Documents? Try that, then use the latest development build (not 4.0.2) again.

You could always try reinstalling Windows as well, but that's a bit of a nuclear option.

Thank you soooooo much, it was definitely the document file that was the problem. Big Grin