Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fixing to upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay now i posted a similar thread back when i first joined but i found out that part i was getting wouldn't work on my pc. so now i'm fixing to buy a new custom built PC. that's around 979 i should be getting after July 4th and it will have these specs

Intel® Core™ i7 4820K Processor (4x 3.70GHz/10MB L3 Cache)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 - 2GB

And was wondering if it will play all my games at full speed or at least almost full speed.
I see no reason why that wouldn't work. That's a pretty great set up for Dolphin.

The only problems you'll see are not with your own system, rather Nvidia drivers and Dolphin itself.
thanks for the help I'm purely upgrading for Dolphin and PCSX2's sake. and it looks like I'm upgrading at the right moment since you guys finally got Super Mario Galaxy to be fully playable.

Also i was wondering is there a way to connect VBA/No$GBA to dolphin yet for Pokemon's sake?
I don't think No$GBA ever supported linking to Dolphin at all, but a version of VBA-M did. However, work is being done on Higan (thanks to shuffle2 and jchadwick) that's already gotten further than VBA-M ever did. I don't know the status of transferring Pokemon, but it's showing more promise than anything else at the moment. See this thread: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...ation-demo

JMC47 probably has the latest details, so perhaps he'll fill you in on what's been happening in that regard.
Don't get that at all. Buy a i7 4770k instead and get a better GPU.
Yeah , It's Ivy Bridge-E . Ivy Bridge is 30% slower than Haswell in Dolphin
An i3 4130 can rape it at stock speed .
Even we're going even further, OP should look in getting a i5 4670k/i5 4690k and a better GPU for 100$ more.
Knowing that you're purely upgrading for Dolphin, I was wrong. Listen to the devs: Haswell architecture i5 and going up a tier in GPU would be best for your money.
Prebuilt / custom PC are usually overpriced (charge 200$ for service ) , bad/horrible components
At least , the @OP should wait 10 days for latest i7 4790k (340$) (280$ if you pick it at microcenter store) and build a system by your own
Asrock Z97 Pro4(110$)
Sapphire R7 265(150$)
CM Hyper 212 Evo (35$)
Gskill Ripjaws X Series 2x4GB 1600MHz (80$)
Arctic MX-4 (10$)
Rosewill Blackhawk Gaming Case (90$)
EVGA 600W 80 PLUS BRONZE (65$)
Intel 530 120GB SSD(86$)

Total Cost : 956$ (896$ if you bought CPU from Microcenter Store)
Optional : WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm HDD(59$)
(06-15-2014, 12:10 PM)ryaneden Wrote: [ -> ]Okay now i posted a similar thread back when i first joined but i found out that part i was getting wouldn't work on my pc. so now i'm fixing to buy a new custom built PC. that's around 979 i should be getting after July 4th and it will have these specs

Intel® Core™ i7 4820K Processor (4x 3.70GHz/10MB L3 Cache)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 - 2GB

And was wondering if it will play all my games at full speed or at least almost full speed.

You guys never asked him what games he will be playing.

/facepalm

What games do you want to play? Haswell vs Ivy Bridge won't matter if the games you want to play will run 100% either way.
EDIT: Add in PC games as well.
Pages: 1 2 3