Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Haven't been following Dolphin for a while, questions about setting configs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before I stopped following OpenGL was the best backend, is that still the case? Or is DX11 better now?
And I've sort of heard about HLE being improved, does that mean for 1st party WII games made before Skyward Sword (It doesn't use the Zelda ucode, right?), I can use it? Or still LLE?
Every Wii games works on HLE audio as well as LLE audio to my knowledge EXCEPT, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, A few GameCube Ports (Pikmin for instance) and probably one or two others I'm missing. Skyward Sword uses AX-HLE and works fine in HLE.

OpenGL and D3D11 are both evenly matched now, and future improvements will probably tilt the advantage toward D3D. Try both backends in games definitely.
(06-14-2014, 03:22 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Every Wii games works on HLE audio as well as LLE audio to my knowledge EXCEPT, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, A few GameCube Ports (Pikmin for instance) and probably one or two others I'm missing. Skyward Sword uses AX-HLE and works fine in HLE.
OpenGL and D3D11 are both evenly matched now, and future improvements will probably tilt the advantage toward D3D. Try both backends in games definitely.

Ah, ok thanks for the answer, although does HLE not crackle in 1st party games now? Or just, its not a garbled mess, I'm just trying to get 60fps so there is no sound stuttering. (I'm mainly talking about AC:LGTTC)
Only the GC Animal Crossing used the Zelda Ucode (the "light" version) and it never had any issues as far as I know. LGTTC is the AXWii ucode. But games that use the Zelda ucode shouldn't suffer major audio issues any more (some sticking points remain, little one though), so yes, no more garbled messes.
(06-14-2014, 03:57 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Only the GC Animal Crossing used the Zelda Ucode (the "light" version) and it never had any issues as far as I know. LGTTC is the AXWii ucode. But games that use the Zelda ucode shouldn't suffer major audio issues any more (some sticking points remain, little one though), so yes, no more garbled messes.

Right, so the wiki page for AC:LGTTC is just outdated... by 7 months. Thanks for your help.
If no one updates the Wiki, then it doesn't get updated unfortunately. That's the problem with a wiki, it's too big for one person to go through and update. Thus, it relies on users.
(06-14-2014, 04:11 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If no one updates the Wiki, then it doesn't get updated unfortunately. That's the problem with a wiki, it's too big for one person to go through and update. Thus, it relies on users.

I have plenty of free time this weekend, I'll test some stuff and update the wiki page for it.
It'd be much appreciated, just make sure you do your best to verify settings and stuff. I'm sure MaJoR will clean up any minor errors though, so don't be too cautious!