Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issues with Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zataro8

So I have a real issue with my Dolphin emulator working currently. The problem is that the problems aren't consistent. For Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I am able to get the first screen, press A, get the Nintendo Logo, but then it freezes on the first frame of the opening sequence.
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, I am able to go through the main menu and start a new game, but I get no video, only audio, and some times the emulator freezes on the main menu all together. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is similar to Twilight princess except it gets a couple seconds into the opening cinematic before freezing. Any help would be much appreciated.
Don't use the x86 builds on x64 operating system, there's literally no point.

zataro8

(06-13-2014, 05:40 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use the x86 builds on x64 operating system, there's literally no point.

I have used both x86 and x64 both run into similar problems x86 is just the one I am currently trying
Verify your ISOs. Right-click the game in Dolphin, click on properties and head to the info tab and calculate the MD5 there and compare yours with the ones on Redump or GameTB.

Try them on a clean build if you haven't already either; download the latest build and create a portable.txt in the folder and try again.

zataro8

(06-13-2014, 06:06 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Verify your ISOs. Right-click the game in Dolphin, click on properties and head to the info tab and calculate the MD5 there and compare yours with the ones on Redump or GameTB.

Try them on a clean build if you haven't already either; download the latest build and create a portable.txt in the folder and try again.

Ok I have run into this issue before. When I click on properties, I only get general, security, and details tabs, no info tabs.
You right click them in the Dolphin game list, not windows. If they are not showing up in the gamelist, configure the iso directory in Dolphin.

zataro8

(06-13-2014, 06:19 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You right click them in the Dolphin game list, not windows. If they are not showing up in the gamelist, configure the iso directory in Dolphin.

Did I forget to mention I am computer illiterate? I hardly know how to download the emulations let alone any of this technical stuff, would you mind walking me through this, preferably from downloading the game.
You're also unfortunately illiterate to the rules. Downloading games (piracy) is explicitly against the rules.

"Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO or game that has been illegally obtained or shared. Furthermore, discussion pertaining to "ROM"s is only allowed when it relates to the DSP. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded an ISO will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc."