Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NeoBrainX, why ZTP speedup hack was removed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is the only hack that did a huge speedup in hyrule field and now linux users is being affected by that change, ZTP turned unplayable without this hack..

https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/so...7ebd964eeb
It was blocking some improvements and ZTP hack were replaced by cheat codes that produces almost the same result of the hack. See issue 2499 for more details...
Stop crying, thereĀ“s already a patch that works more or less like the hack did (see Hyrule Field slowdown observation thread).
(06-13-2014, 02:09 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]It was blocking some improvements and ZTP hack were replaced by cheat codes that produces almost the same result of the hack. See issue 2499 for more details...

Indeed it speed up a little 18-20 without that it goes 10-12 FPS but not like ZTP hack 28-30, thank you anyway
There's a newer patch that will speed it up the rest of the way in the works. I understand your frustration, but you must understand the developers have to make difficult decisions, and sometimes it takes a lot of work to change a hack that was broken into a working patch that users can use without issues.
(06-13-2014, 02:46 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a newer patch that will speed it up the rest of the way in the works. I understand your frustration, but you must understand the developers have to make difficult decisions, and sometimes it takes a lot of work to change a hack that was broken into a working patch that users can use without issues.

sorry, but it isn't difficult, but yes, not smart. it would be cool if he had made an alternative patch to enable it back and so he removed the hack

well anyway I give up, there is no reason to complaining about someone's project, thank you
If you don't understand the technical reasons as to why it was removed, you really have no standing to argue against its removal. No one's forcing you to use version that have the hack removed (and you can even revert the removal yourself). This thread seems to have served its purpose, but in the future, I would advise you to try to contact neobrain privately if you want to ask him about specific commits he's made.

Closed.
(06-13-2014, 01:56 AM)killown Wrote: [ -> ]this is the only hack that did a huge speedup in hyrule field and now linux users is being affected by that change, ZTP turned unplayable without this hack..

https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/so...7ebd964eeb

Because keeping things like the ZTP hack around is not how long-term improvement works.

(plus, what everyone said above)