Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LOw fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

killahkris

OK im runnng dolphin at very low fps ill post all my specs and the game info below

os=windows xp pro sp3
processor=AMD Athlon 7750 dual core (2.7ghz)
ram=3gb
game=fire emblem path of radiance
im runing the latest version of dolphin and i can not enable JIT dynarec with out dolphin crashing the minute i load my game.
i have everything else in advanced options on and dual core is on

I also have the opengl plugin being used
without dynarec, you won't get past 1fps.

killahkris

(08-15-2009, 02:04 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]without dynarec, you won't get past 1fps.

Do you know what might be causing the problem i cant seem to find any threads with info.Im going to try again ill reply if i find anything thank you for your help
dynarec = dynamic recompiler.

without that, you only use interpreter mode, which is always slow as hell.

in any case, it SHOULD run with dynarec, as some people actually played it : http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-248.html

you could try another version of dolphin or try dolphinIL.

killahkris

I Got it working guys thanks for the help i started geting the can not find one gb of contigious memory and followed instructions to fix it and now jit works thanks again for your help.
I can safely say that 3 GB is NOT enough memory. I'm running 4 GB (two of which is dedicated Radeon HD 3200 video memory) and a 2.1 Turion and I'm having similar problems, but Dynarec works on mine. Of course, I'm on Vista. I'd imagine the requirements are half of Vista's for XP, so you should be fine with 2 GB. What's your GPU? Is it an integrated one, or Expansion Card type? If it's an expansion card, it should be above a Radeon 700 or GeForce 6 series (though I'd recommend, as always, a Radeon HD above 2K series)

EDIT: Heh. I just noticed you fixed it already
3gb is more than enough... dont talk about stuff you have no idea about
depends.

with ati cards i recommand unlimited memory because of the leaks.
(08-16-2009, 04:48 PM)Iulius Wrote: [ -> ]depends.

with ati cards i recommand unlimited memory because of the leaks.

just use 9.3 for that problem, its a lot cheaper than spending money on more ram and makes no sense not to
not everone can use 9.3

my card (4870 1gb special design) seems to support only 9.4 upwards Undecided

when i install 9.3 or below, it tells me the driver does not work.

future ati cards will probably suffer from the same problem.
Pages: 1 2