Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings for my computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

daomich150

So,I have a computer which I bought last year which can play a lot of games at best settings without lag. However,dolphin doesn't run very well. I primarily want to play Mario Kart Wii,but it runs at a framerate of around 20 FPS. I run at 1x Native Resolution without any graphics enchantments and DSP LLE recompiler for accurate sounds. My specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
CPU: Intel i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8 GB
My question is,can I do anything to improve the framerate of Mario Kart Wii or is 20FPS the maximum I can achieve?
That's odd for Mario Kart Wii to be running so poorly. I say, use the latest development builds, switch to HLE audio (it's been rewritten since the days of 3.5 and provide accurate audio in 99% of games) and make sure EFB2Texture is on in the graphics plugin. I'd also recommend openGL as your video backend.
Turn off LLE, as the negligible benefit it might bring over HLE is going to be counteracted by running at a third the speed it's supposed to.

daomich150

I set the audio to HLE and set EFB to texture and now it works 100% most of the time! Thanks a lot!