Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super mario galaxy 2 freeze not fixed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

droppies

After ~10 monts I decided to pick up Galxy 2 again, I knew it freezed at the grand star before, but the wiki says it is fixed now "Fixed by 4.0-1300" (https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...o_Galaxy_2), but when I got the grand star, it still freezed.

I got to the next stage with enabling DSP LLE, but this makes the sound very coppy, and it sounds awfull, I don't really want to play the boss levels like this.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a bug

(Dolphin 4.2 stable release)
It's possible that the dualcore can still cause audio desyncs, and LLE audio caused it to go slower and not desync. If you weren't running full speed, then it's a dualcore desync issue and VPS ended up higher than fps, that's likely what happened. Before it was guaranteed to happen.
Use the latest development version not the latest stable.

droppies

(06-12-2014, 05:45 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest development version not the latest stable.

I can't use directx 9 with that one, it is the only one with doesn't make my audio go choppy.
(06-12-2014, 05:50 AM)droppies Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2014, 05:45 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest development version not the latest stable.

I can't use directx 9 with that one, it is the only one with doesn't make my audio go choppy.

Use open gl and the latest dev with hle and it will be fine.
Oh, I thought he was using latest development builds because he mentioned 4.0-1300. Yeah uh, that's your problem then.

droppies

(06-12-2014, 06:30 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I thought he was using latest development builds because he mentioned 4.0-1300. Yeah uh, that's your problem then.

Isn't 4.2 released after 4.0-1300, it seems wierd to me if it is the other way around...
It's not 4.2, it's 4.0.2. A bug fix of 4.0