Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game crashes when i save.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently this problem is only on Phantasy star online Ep. 1&2 with the games i use.

The problem happens when the following happens:

1) When I save my game, or the game saves its self. I do not advocate, nor use save states, i only use in game saves. (all the other topics i find involve save states which is why i am making a new thread)
2) When cheats are enabled through the default config option

The message that displays says "BackPatch: no register use entry for address 000000001ED6946A" (it may alternatively be "000000001E06946A")

Disabling "Use Panic Handlers" does not fix it.

Dolphin is version 4.0-1374

I use Open GL for the graphics type because with the rest they keep it at a white screen

My PC specs are no problem in maxing it out seeing as how the above is the only thing that crashes this game, but they are as follows:

i5 3570k @ 3.5GHz
16gb DDR3 @1600MHz
MSI GTX 660TI PE @ Stock Clock
128GB Samsung 840pro (Drive with Dolphin on it)
3TB WD Green ((Stolen from a WD Mybook) Has the Emulator games on it)
750W XFX Pro Black Edition (only mentioning to show i have adequate power supplied to my components)

PS: Any other questions you might have I can answer. Should I fix it i will post in the thread. Thank you for your help in advanced.
That's strange. Can you get the MD5 from the ISO? May require a newer version of Dolphin, but, you can go into game properties and the info tab and get the md5. backpatch errors can point to bad ISO dumps.
(06-11-2014, 06:54 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]That's strange. Can you get the MD5 from the ISO? May require a newer version of Dolphin, but, you can go into game properties and the info tab and get the md5. backpatch errors can point to bad ISO dumps.

Whats MD5 (keep in mind i am new to most jargon involving emulators and such.)?
It's basically a code which represents the disk image, and will be radically different if there's any difference between two disk images. Dolphin has been able to generate them itself for a couple of months, and I think it's just a case of right clicking on a game in dolphin, and choosing generate hash.

You then need to compare it against the hash redump.org or gametb have for that game, and if it doesn't match, then you've found the problem.
(06-12-2014, 05:31 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]It's basically a code which represents the disk image, and will be radically different if there's any difference between two disk images. Dolphin has been able to generate them itself for a couple of months, and I think it's just a case of right clicking on a game in dolphin, and choosing generate hash.

You then need to compare it against the hash redump.org or gametb have for that game, and if it doesn't match, then you've found the problem.

Thank you, i'll check it out when i have time, and post back here, probably in a few days from now. (i'm doing some cleaning today, and the next 2 days i work from 11am to 11pm (its a weird rotating schedule thing with most people having 12hr shifts.).)