Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Jumpy game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having a hard time getting gladius to run properly, paper Mario either. I have an i7 processor, an NVidia GeForce gt 635m graphics card, and 8 gb of ram. I don't understand why it's being jumpy and erratic when I clearly have enough processing power to run it. Help?
(06-11-2014, 08:29 AM)nb28 Wrote: [ -> ]I clearly have enough processing power to run it

What i7 processor have you got exactly?
Sorry, wasn't specific enough. I have an intel core I7 processor. It's in an hp laptop.
(06-11-2014, 09:14 AM)nb28 Wrote: [ -> ]I have an intel core I7 processor

Yeah but we need to know which model it is exactly. For example my i5 is a 3570K
It's an Intel ® Core i7-3630qm cpu @ 2.4 ghz
Make a high performance profile for Dolphin on Nvidia CP.
My Nvidia CP for some reason wasn't finding dolphin in the options, however I did make the NVidia processor the default, and I manually had it run using the NVidia processor a few times and it didn't seem to make a difference.
I'm pretty sure you are getting overheat problems. All HP laptops I know have this same problem. Replacing your thermal compound will help...
I'd agree with the heating problem. However I have it on a cooling stand, and it's still laggy even when the computer hasn't been used for several hours. Overheating might be a factor, but I don't think that's the main culprit.
(06-12-2014, 07:07 AM)nb28 Wrote: [ -> ]Overheating might be a factor, but I don't think that's the main culprit.

No. I guess your CPU is just a bit weak for Dolphin.

(06-12-2014, 07:07 AM)nb28 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree with the heating problem. However I have it on a cooling stand

If by "cooling stand" you mean "cooling pad" don't rely on this. They suck at high point :p
Pages: 1 2