Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WII Family Party does not start after choosing challenges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Experimental

Hi@all,
Iam new to this forum and using Dolphin the first time.

I will try to play my WII games on my PC in a higher resolution.

So I installed Dolphin r3972 on my Windows 7 x64 (hope this is not the problem). I connect the wiimote with a usb bluetooth dongle via BlueSolei. This is ok so far. And I use GlovePIE029 and load the config 'FpsGames.PIE', and I can controll my mouse now with the wiimote.

Then I use an image of WII Family Party (ISO). I can start the ISO image till I can select from the menu challenges/battles/.....
But now when I select one of the game modes e.g. challenges I get stuck at 'Try clearing 5 different kinds of challeges!' and nothing else happens.

Hope someone can help me here.....

My PC:
Intel DualCore X6800 Extreme
4 GB RAM
Nvidia 9800GX2 with 1GB Video RAM
Windows 7 64bit version
your setup is pretty good but i dont know what that game is, you might want to try a different game
(08-14-2009, 11:22 PM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]i dont know what that game is, you might want to try a different game

I'm pretty sure that it's some new game. I didn't know that 3rd parties were still trying to be gimmicky as all hell when developing on the wii.

It's games like this that make me want to hate the new Nintendo.
god, i just looked it up... AWEFUL looking game

Experimental

@THELUKESTIR ...it is a game for the family with littly kids.

But it is shown in the Dolphin compatibility list.

Anyway I just tried also a different game. This time I just see a black screen with some yellow written lines on the top about the infos of the CPU and game and thats it.
(08-15-2009, 04:33 AM)Experimental Wrote: [ -> ]@THELUKESTIR ...it is a game for the family with littly kids.

But it is shown in the Dolphin compatibility list.

Anyway I just tried also a different game. This time I just see a black screen with some yellow written lines on the top about the infos of the CPU and game and thats it.

if its a family game then you need to play it on your wii because dolphin supports only one wiimote, and there are lots of threads about black screens, check those out

Experimental

Ok, I got WII Sports at least starting. But when it get into the game I have strange stripes across the screen. Also the player e.g. from baseball are not shown. I use the Open GL, with DirectX plugin it is not working at all.

@THELUKESTIR, ah ok...I did not read that it supports only one wiimote. This is too bad..... Hope this will be implemented some time.
(08-15-2009, 05:43 AM)Experimental Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I got WII Sports at least starting. But when it get into the game I have strange stripes across the screen. Also the player e.g. from baseball are not shown. I use the Open GL, with DirectX plugin it is not working at all.

@THELUKESTIR, ah ok...I did not read that it supports only one wiimote. This is too bad..... Hope this will be implemented some time.

well there are problems with the miis if that is what your are talking about, also dolphin will eventually support multiple wiimotes