Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy - Slowdown and audio stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've read a lot about this game and know about the whole LLE vs HLE thing but apparently that was fixed in a later dolphin release. What I want to know is if there is a setting I should be updating to avoid audio stuttering which causes FPS drops. Doesn't happen all the time - just here and there but with all the support talking about older versions of the emulator I'm not sure if it's me or the game. I generally play all at 1080p maxed 60fps.

gtx 780

So is it me or the game? Do I need to change something in the settings or just drop some of the maxed out settings to get no audio issues and slowdown?
I played with zero issues on a 3570K, GTX 760. Something's obviously iffy with your settings. Post 'em.
I assume your i5 3570k is not overclocked . i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz would blow this game away as long as it's paired with a decent GPU and your GTX 780 is very good
CPU 3570k is overclocked to 4.4. Plays watchdogs on ultra at almost 55-60 so must be my settings.....

I'm using Direct3d with vsync and every graphic option is set to max (AA, etc). 1080p output too. Scaled EFB is the only thing checked in enhancements. For hacks, first two boxes are checked (skip and ignore) and EFB copies is set to texture. cache is set to fast. Extreme frame buffer is disabled and the other has fast depth check.

anything I should look out for to change? This setting plays Donkey kong perfectly. I know this is prob more intense but I shouldn't get any audio glitches/slowdown....appreciate the help
I think you maxed it out too much in the graphical settings. I can't handle 4x IR on the same processor (Internal Resolution affects processor too! Don't forget that.) Certain games like this are really intensive like that, and max out the GPU thread on processor, or increase latency in GPU/CPU communication. So yeah, I hope that makes sense, try changing settings around.

Also, try OpenGL with that beast of a graphics card, it'll be much faster in this particular game!
You could try :
_Right-click the game -> Properties
_Tick "Vbeam speed hack" and untick "Idle skipping" . This may not improve speed on some games but it will reduce audio stuttering to zero even if game is not run at full speed
tried that but didm;t go so well. What really helped is changing audio to HLE instead of LLE as I'm maxed out completely again and no stutter. Cant really tell the diff on the audio so prob keep it as is. Anything else, lmk
Try setting limiter to audio and/or enable Vsync.
(06-08-2014, 09:10 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You could try :
_Right-click the game -> Properties
_Tick "Vbeam speed hack" and untick "Idle skipping" . This may not improve speed on some games but it will reduce audio stuttering to zero even if game is not run at full speed

(06-08-2014, 03:50 PM)xystus Wrote: [ -> ]Try setting limiter to audio and/or enable Vsync.

Vsync is enabled. How do you limit audio?
(06-09-2014, 08:49 AM)delt31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2014, 03:50 PM)xystus Wrote: [ -> ]Try setting limiter to audio and/or enable Vsync.

Vsync is enabled. How do you limit audio?

Config/General/Framelimit/Audio