Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with Dolphin and Ubuntu 8.10 (gamepad, lauching game)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bronto-JR

Hi !
I started months ago to use Dolphin with Windows XP. I had only one ISO game, Baten Kaitos, and it worked almost perfectly ; "almost" because a bug did that some texts did not appear on the screen : the details during battle (damages by element, healing, recipes...). After each game turn, the sum-up window was just displaying the total damages (or heal). I played it with a gamepad, exactly like a PS2 gamepad, except that it's "1Tek" and with USB, without any problem.

Now, I'm a bit bored with Windows so I decided to try with Ubuntu 8.10. I compiled it successfully, and I could launch the GUI. But there are 2 problems :
1) My gamepad is not recognized by Dolphin. I successfully configured it with jscalibrator, which means Ubuntu can make it work. But I have no idea how to make Dolphin see that my gamepad is here. When I try to change commands, pushing the buttons makes no reaction.

2) I cannot lauch the game. When I try to launch the Baten Kaitos ISO, Dolphin just closes. Could the problem simply be the location of the ISO ? It's on my Windows partition, so in NTFS file format, I thought it could be a problem but I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking.

My PC :
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, E8400, 3GHz.
2 Go RAM.
Graphic Card : Geforce 9600 GT.

I'm totally new here, I think (and hope Big Grin) I broke no rule. My english is surely bad, i'm french Angel

Bronto-JR

I found the solution of the second problem. That was very simple... Ubuntu crashed days before my try, and I did not see that it disabled my graphic card drivers. So, i enabled them, and now I can launch games properly. That runs with sound and video, perfect.

But the first problem remains : I cannot find how to make Dolphin recognize my gamepad. Anyone has an idea ?
well if you really want to play it just comfigure it with the keyboard