Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i want to play monster hunter tri full speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i built a low budget gaming computer but i cant seem to get good fps on monster hunter tri and i was wondering what i need to upgrade to get the job done? now im guessing its just my graphics card but i want to make sure. i get about 22-28 fps
(06-07-2014, 11:19 AM)fiercedeity316 Wrote: [ -> ]i built a low budget gaming computer but i cant seem to get good fps on monster hunter tri and i was wondering what i need to upgrade to get the job done? now im guessing its just my graphics card but i want to make sure. i get about 22-28 fps

It's your cpu. Dolphin relies almost entirely on processing power and your cpu is old and outdated. Upgrade to an a g3220 if on budget, i3 4130, or i5 4670k for good performance. Haswell intel is what you want for Dolphin (high single-threaded performance, something AMD lacks)
okay thanks for the reply!
If you can wait a little longer, you could get Devli´s Canyon which overclocks a lot more than the model specified above.
(06-07-2014, 11:46 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]If you can wait a little longer, you could get Devli´s Canyon which overclocks a lot more than the model specified above.

cool ill check it out
I got this AMD Quad Core 4.10Ghz A10-6800K It Runs awesome now. I can play even play SSBB with 4 npcs at 60 FPS. Big Grin
SSBB is a low power game, it not demanding at all. Dolphin doesn't run as well on AMD as it does on Intel, if you ever want to play a demanding game then AMD might not be a good choice, you won't get 100%
Overclock that CPU for free speedups
My friend says he can run pretty much every game on his 8350 at 4.0ghz without any fps dips. If that is true or not I couldn't tell because I don't have the 8350 in my possession. I am pretty sure the a10 and 8350 are around the same single core performance so you should be good for most games.
my cpu storms every single game except the most demanding title : The Last Story
AMD used to be bad for Dolphin
Recent Dolphin version are faster than old versio.....