Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wifi in Brawl?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does Super Smash Bros Brawl have wi-fi support? If not, will there ever be?
I never test that currently i tryin to make it work the classic mode alone..... I dont thing so that wifi work but what i now .....
ok, has anyone tried it or gotten it to work with wifi? If not, are the devs currently working on that?
It doesn't work and I don't even think it will work. I don't know how exactly Friend Codes are calculated on Wii, but if it's in the same manner as in DS, then it will NEVER be possible, since it's calculated basing on Game's copy own number and Wii number.

stgn

(04-03-2009, 09:20 AM)PewnyPL Wrote: [ -> ]since it's calculated basing on Game's copy own number and Wii number.

I don't see how this is a problem unless the master servers check to see if the copy/system is valid based on the code.
I don't think they do check, because I heard people with modchipped wiis can play online
No, what I think is, that many people have SSBB downloaded from net (cause they can't rip it themselves), in that case, Game's copy code is the same for all. I don't know how it is exactly implemented, but I think Dolphin would have the same Wii code in every download. That would create god-kowns-how-much same friend codes. Now, lets say that 2 person will try to log in into WFC, that would make chaos...
(04-03-2009, 10:52 PM)PewnyPL Wrote: [ -> ]No, what I think is, that many people have SSBB downloaded from net...

You hurt a lot of people now. No one said that they downloaded Brawl from the net (but it doesn't mean they don't download it). They just stick with rules. Also I'm playing in Wi-Fi sometimes on Wii. And finally:

DOLPHIN DOESN'T HAVE WI-FI SUPPORT!
OK, I said it a bit in a bad way... Sorry to anyone that dumped it themselves.
(04-03-2009, 11:45 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2009, 10:52 PM)PewnyPL Wrote: [ -> ]No, what I think is, that many people have SSBB downloaded from net...

You hurt a lot of people now. No one said that they downloaded Brawl from the net (but it doesn't mean they don't download it). They just stick with rules. Also I'm playing in Wi-Fi sometimes on Wii. And finally:

DOLPHIN DOESN'T HAVE WI-FI SUPPORT!

You act like you said that a million times when I searched all of support and found nothing.....
Pages: 1 2