Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Mario Kart Wii - Menu Music 4.x slow, 3.5 perfect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

as i mentioned Mario Kart Wii is working with perfect sound in the Menus with 3.x builds.

But any 4.x build the Menu is slow and the Sound is just bad on my Haswell i3 !

On the i7 PC its working fine with 4.x , so why are the hardware requirements so high in 4.x in the Mario Kart Menu ???
You're completely mistaken. The menus are just as slow in 3.5, it's just that audio is poorly rendered in an asynchronous fashion. That means even though the game is going slow, the audio is going full speed. That causes issues in games, and by 4.0 it had been fixed. Now, because the game is slowing down, the audio slows down too. It makes sense that if the game isn't running full speed, the sound wouldn't either.

To answer your question: The way the videos are rendered on the menu items in MKWii is very intensive to emulate. It's a lot harder than the rest of the game afaik.
(06-07-2014, 05:10 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You're completely mistaken. The menus are just as slow in 3.5, it's just that audio is poorly rendered in an asynchronous fashion. That means even though the game is going slow, the audio is going full speed. That causes issues in games, and by 4.0 it had been fixed. Now, because the game is slowing down, the audio slows down too. It makes sense that if the game isn't running full speed, the sound wouldn't either.

To answer your question: The way the videos are rendered on the menu items in MKWii is very intensive to emulate. It's a lot harder than the rest of the game afaik.

is there a way to get sound asynchronous without the bad noise in 4.0+ ?
You don't ant Asynchronous audio, it causes a ton of problems and was removed because of that. You will never, ever get asynchronous audio ever again.
(06-07-2014, 05:22 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't ant Asynchronous audio, it causes a ton of problems and was removed because of that. You will never, ever get asynchronous audio ever again.

MK Wii is working perfect with 3.5, maybe it causes problems with other games as you said, but in MKWii its very perfect in the menu and ingame the races too !
No it isn't, it's just very good. Perfect emulation would mean that audio ran at the same speed the game was being emulated at. Anyway, I will admit MKWii runs fairly problem free with async audio. I still did suffer some audio crashes when playing with friends though, and reverb doesn't work in caves, among other problems.
(06-07-2014, 05:28 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]No it isn't, it's just very good. Perfect emulation would mean that audio ran at the same speed the game was being emulated at. Anyway, I will admit MKWii runs fairly problem free with async audio. I still did suffer some audio crashes when playing with friends though, and reverb doesn't work in caves, among other problems.

Very sad my new Haswell i3 is not enough to emulate at full speed Sad
It is enough to play at full speed, it's just the menus have something weird in them. In the rest of the game you'll be absolutely fine. If it's that much of an experience killer, go use 3.5, I really don't feel like arguing.
I have found a solution for 4.x,

just deactivate "Idle-Skipping" and the music is fine, even if the FPS goes a little bit down Big Grin