Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin multimonitor support.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone, the other day I found a dirty cheap monitor, so I decided to try if Dolphin would manage to display fullscreen on various monitors.

As far as I tested there is no multimonitor support, every time I go Full screen Dolphin only uses 1 instead of 2 ( or more) I only managed to get both screens filled streching Dolphin in windowed mode.

Like this example ( the gif will take a little long to load and play full speed).

Is there a way to get propper multimonitor fullscreen?

Thanks.
multimonitor does work with Dolphin, I remember playing Timesplitters 2 using 2 monitors (for each player), you must select the Fullscreen resolution. (3840x1080?)
(06-07-2014, 02:15 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]multimonitor does work with Dolphin, I remember playing Timesplitters 2 using 2 monitors (for each player), you must select the Fullscreen resolution. (3840x1080?)

It does? I don't get any such options.
I don't get such options either. The most I can do with multimonitor is have the game on one monitor and Dolphin's GUI on another. It's actually more handy than you might think.
Ohh- I think that's an eyefinity thing from AMD cards.

Isn't there some sort of Nvidia workaround or driver mod thing to emulate AMD's feature on Nvidia cards? don't quote me on that.
I have use tools like this
http://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/

Helps give the missing features driver don't, also for nvidia they come with nView (may or may not work)
(06-10-2014, 04:24 AM)ulao Wrote: [ -> ]I have use tools like this
http://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/

Helps give the missing features driver don't, also for nvidia they come with nView (may or may not work)

I use a very similar tool called Ultramon. Super useful stuff.
But I don't think either of these tools can use full screen resolutions like eyefinity does.
I have used Ultramon before very good program.
I've had my desktop span three screens with eyefinity. I've also done it with an Nvidia card with twinview and xinerama on Linux (writing the xorg.conf was a big hassle). I think Nvidia's Windows driver has something called surround, but I haven't tried it. Multiple monitors aren't very useful for Dolphin though, except for having something else on another screen. You can't change the aspect ratio, so your extra screens just get to be letterbox bars. A 2x2 array would work, but I'd rather have a bigger screen, or just sit closer to the screen I have than stare at a big plus sign made of bezels. It would be great if there was some kind of ultra widescreen hack for Dolphin. Playing Mario Kart at 5780x1920 across three monitors would be fun.
The only way to use dolphin across 3 screens is with NVIDIA surround or AMD Eyefinity. AMD eyefinity supports a minimum of 3 displays, a max of 18. NVIDIA surround supports 3, but also supports nvidia surround + 3d displays. There is no way to hack either to work with only 2 displays mainly because if a hack was ever made, it would only work for one driver version (even though they are updated constantly).

edit: found the image of me playing surround, cropped it. http://i.imgur.com/uzYQc0t.png

Also, the way these technologies work is they make all the displays look like one giant virtual display to the OS at a really low level. To hack it you would need custom drivers and to know how they are structured.
Pages: 1 2 3