Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin REV to run Zelda: TP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

arudrysan

Greetings! I'm trying to run The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess on my rig, but i just can't find the best REV to play. Funny thing is, some time ago (back in 2011, i guess) i've found the perfect REV to run, and i had a Onboard Intel Chipset (with just 256 VRAM, Shader 2.0) and 2GB of RAM. I've reached the Zora's Domain, but i was unnable to continue due to excessive low fps (i expected that, though). And now i have a new Motherboard, 4gb ram, AMD HD 6670 but i can't get past Ordon Village with barely 15 fps. I still have the same processor though, and i expected to have na fps increase with more RAM and a new vĂ­deo card. I can't remember the REV i used, but i'm able to play with minor graphical glitches if necessary, just to have a few more frames. Also, the REV i'm using now it's 4771 x64.
By aftermarket cooler such as CM Hyper 212 EVO and overclock your CPU to gain more FPS (3.4GHz or higher if it's possible )
Your CPU is way too weak for Zelda TP and it's holding back your GPU (CPU bottleneck)
RAM doesn't matter
Not even an i7 4770k @ 4.6GHz could run Zelda TP full speed with proper settings all the time (latest Dolphin version of course) . Just saying...
Your computer is far too weak, but it's not impossible to run Twilight Princess full speed on latest revisions.

My i5 3570K plus the new Twilight Princess Speedhack in the patches section runs the game full speed all the time now, even in the most demanding sections. I'm using the latest versions of Dolphin. Disabling the Twilight Princess Speedhack, an i7 4770K should actually get full speed at 4.6GHz if the benchmark scales properly. From what I can test at various clocks of my own computer, it should.
Hint : LLE audio for background music
It should still end up full speed since it's the GPU thread getting pounded.
(06-07-2014, 01:16 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Buy aftermarket cooler such as CM Hyper 212 EVO and overclock your CPU to gain more FPS (3.4GHz or higher if it's possible )

He should be able to reach 3.8-4.0 GHz max. At his own risk though :p

arudrysan

I've tried both latest releases of Dolphin (4.0.1 and 0.2, x32 and x64) and i can't get past the beginning of the game with more than 15 fps. As I've said, I ran Zelda TP with considerably high fps when I had my old computer and GFX, just because of that REV I used. Also, i noticed that unnoficial Revs gives me more fps than the official releases of Dolphin. Also, I remember the rev i used when I played for the last time on my old pc, it was 4374, i guess. Problem is, I can't find it anymore. The rev had a lot of glitches (no map, no tall grass, and some other) but i didn't cared, those are of minor importance to me.
Get latest dev build, and look for Zelda TP patches on the Hyrule Field slowdown observation thread. Those work more or less like the ZTP hack did.