Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime PAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dark-Star

Hello. 1st time Dolphin user with a little problem...

After much frustration I finally managed to get a good ISO for Metroid Prime. (the first one). What I get for trying to using a cheap CD drive. Xp

Anyway...I've downloaded the most recent version of Dolphin, but it doesn't seem to work. It loads fine, but all that shows onscreen is a solid color that changes sometimes and lousy sound.

Might this have something to do with the version I have being a PAL version? It's all I could scrounge up at the moment, and why I'm using Dolphin to play it as I live in the USA.

Can anyone give me a hand?

EDIT: And oh yes, I've already enabled Safe Textures and the copy-to-RAM option in the graphics. Oddly enough Dolphin won't let me choose anything but the openGL plugin, btw.

Specs:
Windows XP Home
Dual-Core 2.4 Ghz
ATI Raedon Sapphire 1650
Let me just say that you won't want to change from the OpenGL plugin.

I would help you, but I only have the NTSC version of this game. You could maybe google a solution until somebody posts here with useful information.

Check the bottom of the compatibility list. The devs claim the game to be perfect, but this information is probably in relations to use with an older revision.

Dark-Star

Okay. Well that's one issue solved.

Google has come up empty, nobody else appears to have posted any solution on what to do with my problem.

Is there some way to find out what revision was used to confirm MP on the page you linked? I got a slightly older SVN build (2nd from the top on the DL page) and it too had the exact same problem.

I thought newer versions were supposed to fix things...or is the project such that the devs simply can't guarantee against breaking things? I don't know that much about the internal workings of developing a GC emulator.

EDIT: I found the version that was used to make a youtube video (looks PERFECT): SVN 1482. But I can't find anywhere to download it for the life of me.

cribban

I too have the PAL version of metroid prime, and it's working perfectly fine for me.

However, to me it sounds like it's not the Dolphin emulator version that is the problem, it sounds like a driver issue with your graphics card. I suggest you visit ATI and get the latest driver, also have a look on this board, i've seen quite a lot of issues with people using ATI hardware. Just a tip

Dark-Star

Hell's bells. Not ANOTHER ATI issue. I already have had to settle for lousy video support on my Ubuntu distro because those script kiddies can't issue a decent linux driver to save their souls. And my card is classified under the legacy section for cripes' sake...

Well, at least that narrows down the problem range. Thanks for the tip.