Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My computer is kinda low-end and im looking for the best setting to run GC games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i need advice on what version to download and would i be able to run the Zelda games?Mostly want twilight princess and wind waker but i'd like to know if there's any possibility i can run skyward sword too?

My Specs : Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9400 @2.66GHz 2.67GHz
4GB RAM
Windows x86
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
(06-06-2014, 12:13 PM)PraiseTheSun Wrote: [ -> ]So i need advice on what version to download and would i be able to run the Zelda games?Mostly want twilight princess and wind waker but i'd like to know if there's any possibility i can run skyward sword too?

4GB RAM
Windows x86
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Twilight princess and skyward sword are out of the question. MAYBE you would be able to play wind waker but your hardware is just way too old.
(06-06-2014, 01:07 PM)yl-smash Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2014, 12:13 PM)PraiseTheSun Wrote: [ -> ]So i need advice on what version to download and would i be able to run the Zelda games?Mostly want twilight princess and wind waker but i'd like to know if there's any possibility i can run skyward sword too?

4GB RAM
Windows x86
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Twilight princess and skyward sword are out of the question. MAYBE you would be able to play wind waker but your hardware is just way too old.

Uhm i just tested twilight princes out of curiosity and it run at 100% at all times...i really want to know about skyward sword now
Hahahah, no, it won't run 100% all of the time. When you get into the forest, you'll have your first taste of the hell that is Twilight Princess running in Dolphin. And that's just the appetizer, folks, I had trouble running this game at more than 20 FPS in Hyrule Field a long time ago, when the ZTP hack still existed.

For reference, I'm on an ever-so-slightly inferior CPU overclocked really hard.
(06-06-2014, 01:45 PM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Hahahah, no, it won't run 100% all of the time. When you get into the forest, you'll have your first taste of the hell that is Twilight Princess running in Dolphin. And that's just the appetizer, folks, I had trouble running this game at more than 20 FPS in Hyrule Field a long time ago, when the ZTP hack still existed.

For reference, I'm on an ever-so-slightly inferior CPU overclocked really hard.

i just got there and its not that bad o.O its 85% at its worst most of the time its 95%+
To Hyrule Field? With latest build?
I bet he's using "EFB copies to texture" or whatever improper settings for speed
EFB copies to texture > EFB copies to Ram in term of speed but you will have to deal with graphic glitches such as broken map
Zelda TP is one of those very demanding games . 2.67GHz Core 2 Quad is hopeless to run it
Overclock your CPU if you want more speed !
(06-06-2014, 12:13 PM)PraiseTheSun Wrote: [ -> ]So i need advice on what version to download and would i be able to run the Zelda games?

If you want better quality, stability, good sound, etc. Then you should use the very latest builds.
If you want more speed. You'll have to use old builds. However they're more often buggy. And above all unsupported on the forum
Actually, as it turns out, no builds are faster for Twilight Princess than the latest ones plus the current ZTP patch, which can be found almost anywhere Twilight Princess is discussed.
Its really not that bad so far.I can get through hyrule field with low fps since i dont really care about doing the side stuff.Everywhere else run just fine.But what does overclocking my CPU mean anyway? i keep hearing about that.
Pages: 1 2