Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Semi-notable Delay of input on Project M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have started a thread in the Project M Forums to attempt solving an issue I have with playing Project M. When playing with friends on Dolphin, they complain of a large delay of input, which largely hinders their performance when playing (My win chance increases by about 40% and I'm pretty bad at the game imho). This has gotten to a point where most of them refuse to play, and others do not play seriously, which hurts me majorly because I cannot afford a Wii of my own to practice at home. As I have legitimately gotten better, I am starting to notice an increased difficulty to execute techniques due to this delay, and I even feel the game being a bit jittery regardless of being at 60FPS consistently... I am wondering if my monitor type or controller adapter is the issue, but others say they almost never realized a difference...

As other information, my friends all have Wii's and practice together where I cannot afford to meet up with them to join, along with Dolphin's increasingly noticeable delay, causing me to almost always be 2-3 notches behind, which hurts my (unnaturally good) attitude of wanting to get better...

I couldn't even join them for SKTAR3 because of this issue, but I'd probably be squashed regardless, therefore wasting my money Sad
Try disabling DWM; certain combinations have a delay with the desktop window manager enabled in windows.
You can't afford a Wii (~$60), but you can afford a PC that can run Dolphin?
The OP says he canĀ“t afford a Wii right now
I have gotten this PC years ago with some extra money because I knew I would not be able to afford getting the newer consoles if I hadn't. I get a lot more out of a PC than just the 2-3 games I can afford for a single console over a much longer lifespan. Also I am a programmer, so without this PC I couldn't enjoy the (what people say hypothetical) fun of developing my own set of games.

On topic: I messed with the settings on Dolphin and the computer and the delay is reduced to a tolerable level. Also closing/disabling DWM does not work, it just reopens itself immediately. As for specifics on how I solved it (because I don't like to see others dangling with the same issue), I am not completely sure on what solved it, since I played with many settings at once (both Dolphin and the PC itself).
Disabling DWM is as easy as right clicking the desktop, hitting personalize, and selecting a basic theme.