Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Wii U virtual wii dump unsupported?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i was wondering if it was possible to run my dumped Virtual Wii (vWii) in dolphin?

i dumped my vWii and converted from nand.bin to a nand folder as usual and removed the SYSCON from the dump then moved the the correct folder but when i tried to press run wii system menu 545A dolphin crashes. my regular wii menu riped from my wii works but not vWii one.

it seems to be trying to load from Wii\title\00000001\00000002\content
The vWii System Menu and IOSes don't work on a real Wii either (they just brick it), so I don't see why you should expect it to work on Dolphin (which does not and will not emulate the Wii U or any features specific to it for the foreseeable future). The vWii IOSes will try to talk to Wii U-specific hardware, e.g. the GamePad (which you can play Wii games on) and various typical internal chips that differ in non-trivial ways from the Wii's (e.g. the Wi-Fi, which now supports 802.11n), so if it doesn't detect those things or isn't set up to ignore the existence of those things, it'll naturally flip a shit and not work.
(06-05-2014, 10:10 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]The vWii System Menu and IOSes don't work on a real Wii either (they just brick it), so I don't see why you should expect it to work on Dolphin (which does not and will not emulate the Wii U or any features specific to it for the foreseeable future). The vWii IOSes will try to talk to Wii U-specific hardware, e.g. the GamePad (which you can play Wii games on) and various typical internal chips that differ in non-trivial ways from the Wii's (e.g. the Wi-Fi, which now supports 802.11n), so if it doesn't detect those things or isn't set up to ignore the existence of those things, it'll naturally flip a shit and not work.

ok understood, the vWii is not just a copy paste of the wii menu theres new Ioses aka drivers that look for wii u hardware. Thanks ofr clearing that up for me.