Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube Controller Configuration won't save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed it through the ppa. Whenever I go to change the controls in GCPad Configuration menu and press ok after I done all that, it just goes back to default. Even if I save it as a profile and load that it still goes back to the keyboard with default controls. I'm using a PS3 Controller through bluetooth but I don't think that matters.
That bug was fixed in 4.0-1740; please update to a newer version.
(06-05-2014, 02:47 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]That bug was fixed in 4.0-1740; please update to a newer version.

I'm tried to install from the latest git .deb package and it keeps coming up with dependences unmet. When I do sudo apt-get -f install afterwards it just proceeds to delete dolphin. It says it needs libavcodec53 and libavcodec-extra-53 but I don't know where to get them from.
(06-05-2014, 03:05 AM)JoeMB Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2014, 02:47 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]That bug was fixed in 4.0-1740; please update to a newer version.

I'm tried to install from the latest git .deb package and it keeps coming up with dependences unmet. When I do sudo apt-get -f install afterwards it just proceeds to delete dolphin. It says it needs libavcodec53 and libavcodec-extra-53 but I don't know where to get them from.

Libavcodec53 and libavcodec-extra-53 can be installed by adding the ffmpeg ppa located here: https://launchpad.net/~jon-severinsson/+archive/ffmpeg

Also, you can't have them both installed at the same time. You might as well opt to install libavcodec-extra-53 over libavcodec53 if you don't care which. Or even libavcodec-extra-54 if dolphin will let you.

Though, you still probably won't be able to install it, as it depends on libsfml-network1.6 and trusty doesn't have that anymore for some reason. It does have libsfml-network2, but dolphin doesn't seem to care about it. I'm surprised the binary from the ppa was even able to install, frankly. I guess I'll try compiling from git, or just wait until the "weekly" build on the ppa is updated, which should be soon in theory.