Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ASUS I7 3840 2.8ghz 16gb ram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

whoajamin

Hey guys I just wanted to see if you had any advice on the hardware if it's fast enough to run Dolphin Games.

I think part of my problem is that it's a laptop but it's new 4 cores 2 gb video card and 16 gbs of ram, I feel I must be doing something wrong. Some games like Mario Party 7 work fine but other games like Mario Kart Wii end up lagging random parts in time. These are my settings, I have tinkered with this about a million times to try to find something, followed several guides, made task manager dolphin at real time but nothing seems to get it without lag at least not 100%

Any ideas or tips would be remarkable I don't think it's a hardware issue but then again I'm not entirely sure.

General (Everything that is checked)
Dual core
Idle skipping
Framelimit Auto
JIT Recompiler

Audio
DSP HLE EMULATION
DSPLLE ON SEPARATE THREAD
Audio Backend OPENAL (Xaudio 2 seems to crash with windows 8?)
latency 2

Wii
Aspect Ratio 16:9

Iso directory set

General graphics
Direct3D11 (I've heard openGL works better with Nvidia but seems to lag more for me)
Adapter set to Nvidia drive
Full screen reso Auto
Aspect Ratio Auto
V Sync
Use full screen

Enhancements
Internal Resoluation Native 640x528
Anti Aliasing none
Anistropic Filters 1x
Disable fog

Hacks
Skip EFB access
Ignore Format Changes
Texture
External Frame Buffer virtual
openMP Texture Decoder

Hope some one can help out used a lot of guides but can't seem to get anything too meaningful results wise. Also Dolphin Performance guide is down FYI

Thanks!
Don't set the drop-down adapter in Dolphin to Nvidia, keep it at the default. Follow this to use Nvidia: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

whoajamin

(06-04-2014, 08:51 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Don't set the drop-down adapter in Dolphin to Nvidia, keep it at the default. Follow this to use Nvidia: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Cool thank you! I've tried the power performance but not the throttlestop so I'll try that.

whoajamin

Yeah it's running a lot better thanks to the graphics card thing, I believe it's stalling in an effort to keep down the heat from the computer, any other tips you think might help with that?
Open up your laptop and put better thermal paste onto the CPU/GPU heatsinks. I did this on my old laptop, and it works wonders on bringing down overheating issues. It's also what most others will recommend.

Also make sure you're using the latest dev build