Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laggy Netplay on New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, i have some problem with netplay on New Super Mario Bros. Wii,
The netplay is very laggy (The game runs 55-60 fps on singleplayer)

I Have Checked off Dual Core CPU.
The Buffer Pad is 20, i tested 25 too.

We have the same version of the game (SMNE01) and same MD5.
My Friend's PC runs the game on 55-60 FPS too.

We use the 4.0-1769 Version of Dolphin (x64)
Direct3D is our backend. we checked all the settings.

It can be a connection problem?
Is it because dualcore is off, and your computers can't handle it?
It works well Dual Core off in singleplayer 60 fps.
It's entirely possible that your internet connections aren't good enough. What kind of ping do you have? What kind of upload/download speeds do you have?
Also, multiplayer mode is normally more demanding (being possibly the main reason the single-core mode requirement).
Download 3.42 mb/s Ping 63 ms
Upload 0.55 mb/s
(me)
Download 1.07 mb/s Upload 0.40 mb/s Ping 26 ms
(my friend)

We Use Hamachi for Play
We ping eachother 100-123 ms
Why the heck are you using Hamachi. That's your problem. One of you need to port forward so you can directly connect. And your uploads are both extremely low; so hopefully it'll be enough when one of you are hosting directly.
(06-04-2014, 05:33 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Why the heck are you using Hamachi. That's your problem. One of you need to port forward so you can directly connect. And your uploads are both extremely low; so hopefully it'll be enough when one of you are hosting directly.

I'll be trying. is not so easy for us, our Provider doesn't permit port forwarding easily, but i'm trying!
Ah, okay. There are a lot of places that don't permit port forwarding, but, unfortunately for low latency stuff, especially lockstep, Hamachi is not a great solution Sad.
You could try out the Dual Core Netplay experimental branch: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/dc-netplay/1/

It lets you use dual core in netplay games, works for the most part, might improve performance.

It is quite likely your connection causes a slow down though. When my internet experiences a slow patch, the FPS often drops from 60 to 20 until my ping goes down.

I play through Hamachi, but the ping is usually around 30, and peaks at 50, a direct connection is slightly better though.
Pages: 1 2 3