Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few questions regarding FPS in Dolphin.

Whenever I turn VSync off I get ~100 FPS in for example Mario Kart. When this happens the game speeds up like 2x times and isn't playable anymore.
Same happens other way around, when it gets below 60 (my screen is 60hz) the game slows down. In both cases the sound gets distorted and also sped up.
Why does this happen? I guess it works different then normal desktop games, but when I get anything below 60 FPS in any other game, it just laggs, but doesn't slow down.
Same other way around, when it gets above 60 the game continues to run in full speed, and doesn't speed up.

Can someone explain this too me? I rather have VSync off because I believe the overall performance is better with it turned off.

The second question: will the game become heavier when I run with 2+ local co- op (splitscreen) and thus lower the overall FPS? Or does the performance stay the same?
Maybe this depends which game i'm playing?

Lastly, I see several people talking about some games not running at 100% speed for them. Does that mean they don't get as much FPS as their screen supports, so the game slows down like in my first question?

Thanks in advance!
What the framelimiter on?
(06-03-2014, 08:08 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]What the framelimiter on?

Sorry what do you mean?
Oops. Sorry, was writing in a rush. I meant to ask what the frame limiter was set to. In Options/Configuration.
ATM I have it set to auto. Setting it to 60 itself somehow doesn't work but auto does.