Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime Rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've wanted to build a new pc for dolphin for some time now. I mainly want to play the metroid prime trilogy and smg 1 and 2. I've looking through the forums and I have a budget of $850 including a new monitor. The parts i'm thinking of getting are:

i3 4130
gtx 750 ti
asrock b85m pro4
seasonic g 550
8 gigs kingston beast ram

Will a setup like this be able to run the previous games with anti aliasing and 2-3x IR? If not, please tell me what i could do to improve them.
That's pretty poor choice for a $850 rig . You should tell us :
_Where you live (US : Newegg / Microcenter or UK : Scan / Canada : Newegg.ca ....)
_Your monitor in details (720p ~ 4k res , TN Panel with LED or IPS , price ....)
I live in the US but not near a microcenter, and this is the monitor i'm looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6824009483.
I don't know the exact requirements for Metroid Prime these days, but with such a pricey computer for the sake of Dolphin, I would get a better CPU, like i5 3570k. At least that CPU is more than enough for almost all games. (CPU is the most important part for Dolphin).
(06-03-2014, 05:11 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the exact requirements for Metroid Prime these days, but with such a pricey computer for the sake of Dolphin, I would get a better CPU, like i5 3570k. At least that CPU is more than enough for almost all games. (CPU is the most important part for Dolphin).

i5 3570k is a lot worse than i3 4130
Wouldn't an i5 4670K paired with a Z97 motherboard be a good choice?
The problem is with all the other parts (hard drive, new keyboard, case, etc.) its hard not to go over budget with parts like those. I also want to play battlefield so i can't really rely on the intergrated graphics for that.
Quad Core is up to 20% faster than dual core in Dolphin due to background processing . i3 4130 is fast but I doubt it can run those demanding games full speed
With 700$ budget , it's hard to build a decent Z87 board + i5 4670k + dedicated GPU
Haswell Xeon 1230 V3 @ 3.7GHz (Turbo Boost , 4 cores 8 threads) (250$)
The Asrock B85M Pro4 doesn't have good review on newegg so you should pick sth else
MSI B85M (75$)
A mount of Ram doesn't matter , Ram bus speed does matter but not by much
Gskill Ripjaws X Series 2x4GHz DDr3 1600MHz(80$)
EVGA GTX 750 TI Superclocked Version (140$)
Silver Stone USB 3.0 case (37$)
EVGA 80 Plus Bronze 500W PSU(55W)
WD Blue 1TB(60$)
Total : 697$
Also , that Acer monitor is TN-Panel which is worse than an IPS monitor . For the same price : you should pick sth like this :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
Or even this :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
Many thanks to all those who responded, particularly admin89 for the great parts list. Now just to get those parts...
Oops , what's wrong with my eyes , that Acer monitor is an IPS monitor indeed
Pages: 1 2