Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin to use Qt over Wx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since Qt is better all around , and I've heard eventually dolphin would switch over to Qt, I would just like to know when it is finally going to happen?
We already have a branch for QT.
(06-01-2014, 10:57 AM)Sonicadvance1 Wrote: [ -> ]We already have a branch for QT.
Yeah but it hasn't been updated for some time, I'm wanting to know when qt is going part of master
(06-01-2014, 10:57 AM)Sonicadvance1 Wrote: [ -> ]We already have a branch for QT.
Where is this branch you speak of, that branch is nowhere to be found
Does it means i will have to DL a 5GB of QTSDK to compile dolphin ?
Yes, because you use a terrible operating system (but really, 650MB).
Wouldn't be possible to include the required Qt dependencies in Externals folder? Or this can't be done with Qt?
It's not really maintainable. The number of files required just to build Dolphin would be too large, and I don't think anyone would want to take the time to gather all of them together. Plus, it'd probably still add something like 50-100 MB to our repository.

Btw, about the branch.. it's at https://github.com/neobrain/dolphin/commits/dolphin-qt .
(06-02-2014, 12:15 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]It's not really maintainable. The number of files required just to build Dolphin would be too large, and I don't think anyone would want to take the time to gather all of them together. Plus, it'd probably still add something like 50-100 MB to our repository.

Btw, about the branch.. it's at https://github.com/neobrain/dolphin/commits/dolphin-qt .

And what about a script that at least fetch the correct Qt sdk version and install it locally in externals without messing with the system ?
That would very likely require building Qt from source (there's no way to get prebuild libs and binaries without installing the actual SDK afaik). I don't think anyone will want to go through the hell to automate this in a reliable way (particularly since it likely takes more time than just installing the SDK system-widely).
Pages: 1 2