Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any way to download really old (as in pre-3.0) revisions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to play Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon on Dolphin as smoothly as possible. I've tried running it on several different recent revisions, and it stutters badly with all of them. But on youtube, I saw a video from 2010 which shows the game running on svn 5287. The uploader of the video said that it runs at full speed when he's not using FRAPS to record footage. His specs are also worse than mine. I would like to download the revision that he was using to see if it ran more smoothly on older revisions before something in the later revisions caused its performance to suffer. However, the official Dolphin website doesn't have anything from before version 3.0, and I can't find the older versions available to download from anywhere else. One website (emucr.com) pages up for old revisions, but all of the download links are hosted on 3rd party file hosting websites which have long since removed the files. Is there any way I can test out older revisions?
This is the closest one I could find archived. https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/oldbuilds/Dol...4-r5282.7z
Thanks... the game still runs really sluggish on the old revision. Maybe the uploader of the video was full of it when he said that he could run it at full speed.
Youtubers lie, don't believe them
Youtubers ARE full of it.

next up on youtubers are amazing, my world-record speedrun in a category that doesn't exist for a game that isn't popularly ran exploiting an exploit that I pioneered and kept secret to inflate the amount my run is better than everyone else's
(06-01-2014, 05:55 AM)qaopjlll Wrote: [ -> ]the game still runs really sluggish on the old revision. Maybe the uploader of the video was full of it when he said that he could run it at full speed.

Maybe his specs are better than yours too. And maybe your specs (especially your CPU) are too low to run this game even on a very old build.

Indicating your specs in your profile or in your sig would be useful if you want us to help you a bit more
(06-01-2014, 10:29 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2014, 05:55 AM)qaopjlll Wrote: [ -> ]the game still runs really sluggish on the old revision. Maybe the uploader of the video was full of it when he said that he could run it at full speed.

Maybe his specs are better than yours too. And maybe your specs (especially your CPU) are too low to run this game even on a very old build.

Indicating your specs in your profile or in your sig would be useful if you want us to help you a bit more

Nah, like I said, my specs are better than his

My specs:
Core i7 2600K 4.2 GHz
8GB RAM
Radeon 6850 1GB

His specs:
-Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.05Ghz
-Corsair 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz C8D RAM
-XFX Radeon HD4890 1GB DDR5 (OC)