Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

meteosan123

As usual, I always played Project M with my friend by Netplay. I always right clicked Project M, and clicked "Host Netplay" and copy pasted my ID code to my friend. Today, after random disconnects and de-syncing, we thought the lag might be the client so as usual we closed the emulation and closed Dolphin. After retrying, we both were only given this messege: http://puu.sh/97iyR/2d427eb60f.png

No idea how to fix it and would appreciate help.

Steps I've done to fix this:
Restarted computer
Uninstall Dolphin completely (deleted config, registry, settings, dolphin.ini file)
Reinstalled dolphin clean.

The version I'm using is Dolphin 4.0-652, however the version really doesn't matter as I tried multiple versions after this issue came up, and it persists.
The DC-netplay branch is an unofficial branch that uses a third party server for connecting users (to my knowledge?)

The server is currently down for some reason, and the only thing we could do is somehow get DC-netplay compiling again, and change it to another hosting service for connecting users.

meteosan123

(05-30-2014, 05:23 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The DC-netplay branch is an unofficial branch that uses a third party server for connecting users (to my knowledge?)

The server is currently down for some reason, and the only thing we could do is somehow get DC-netplay compiling again, and change it to another hosting service for connecting users.

Ah i see, hopefully the server goes back up so that it doesn't create more issues for users. Thank you.
Why are you using the ID to connect to people?

I'm hosting a game from my PC and people just enter my IP to connect to me and it's working perfectly fine, even though the ID says 'Error: Timeout'.