Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: HP Envy J109la
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello people, so as you might have guessed I bought an HP Envy J109la, these are the specs:
Processor Intel Core i7 4702MQ @2.2GHz
12GB RAM memory
Nvidia Geforce GT 750M

I would like to know about what games I could play with this machine, mainly the ones I play on my desktop are Resident evil remake, legend of zelda skyward sword, Xenoblade chronicles, kirby's return to dreamland, sonic colors, fire emblem radiant dawn, luigi's mansion, zelda twilight princess, super mario galaxy 2, monster hunter tri, among others similar to those. As always feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you very much
You shouldn´t have problems with XBC and Luigi´s Mansion. It will do for Skyward Sword and TP (except Hyrule Field, perhaps?). Should do well on SMG2.
Thanks a lot! Please give further feedback (other users)
As long as it not overheat and hardware usage is at maximum
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should
It's brand new so I don't really wanna mod it (let alone knowing how to) so what would be the most effective way to keep it from overheating?
Always making sure that the fans are clean, apply thermal paste, don´t play with it on "close" places (places that easily can accumulate heat).
Most of HP Laptops have overheating problems, you should replace your thermal compound by an aftermarket one as soon as possible, especially if you plan using Dolphin...
Alright so let's say I change it and put in arctic silver thermal compound, how exactly would I go about opening up the laptop, finding the CPU, taking it off, etc? I've never done such things on a laptop
Well you'll need to Google around, there may be guides available for your model. Not that I'm trying to fear you, but at least with my current HP laptop, getting to the heat sink was a big nightmare since it required disassembling almost the entire laptop. Also, this will probably void your warranty (if you care about that -- I don't)...
Quote:arctic silver
It's ok if you use it on a desktop ...but in this case , you're using a laptop (silver = electrically conductive)
I would use IC diamond 7 carat if I was you
Pages: 1 2