Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4.0-xxx Dolphin doesn't work on Windows 8.1 x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!
I'm having issues with Dolphin4.0 (stable releases and nightly builds). I want to play Zelda WW but my Comp isn't strong enough to run it with DSP LLE on Dolphin 3.5 (see specs ion my profile). I'm using Windows 8.1 and everytime I try to launch the game with Dolphin 4.0-xxxx (tried 4 releases+build from source) it just crashes right after double-clciking the ISO.
btw, I know this one is not corrupted because i can run it on Ubuntu and on Dolphin 3.5 (but I'm having weird results on it because of Nvidia's Optimus).
I tried to switch graphic engine, checked all settings and it's been about 4 hours I m roaming on this forum.
Please help me =) thank you for reading
Don't use Dolphin to switch graphcs cards. Leave Dolphin at the default, and then use Nvidia control panel to set high performance. See this thread for more info: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
Thank you a lot for your answer. I followed the whole guide but it stills crash. However Dolphin 3.5 is working better now but still a lot weird

Edit: I think I need to clarify: When i launch the ISO file on dolphin 4.0-xxxx the emulation window is oppening, stays black for at least 2-5 sec and then turns into another window "Dolphin encountered an error and crashed"
Have you tried version 4.0.2 yet? Not the one to recommend, but using the stable version works for some people.
Yep ! I tried with both x86 and x64 and the two crash the same way
I'm running the same operation system as you but I do not have any problems at all. If it is not a bad dump, then the only thing I can think of is your processor being too weak. Intel i7, yeah, but only 1.90 Ghz. You need at least 3 Ghz, depending on what game you want to play. But that would give you issues with Ubuntu too, assuming you are running Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu on the same system.
That's the whole point of my thread. Idk why it doesn't work for me. Is there some kind of cache files shared by dolphin versions that would crash it, and that i could purge ? Cause I can play Zelda with the same system on dolphin 3.5 x86 (Windows) with 99% speed, but some random crashes between scenes make it unpossible to play :/ (That's why I want to get dolphin 4.0-xxxx working. Seems like this issue has been solved since)

Edit: I mean, playing with HLE interpretation
Do you have the latest driver and software updates for everything installed? CPU, GPU, directx, windows updates?
I bought my comp last summer and i made all windos/GPU/DirectX updates (btw OpenGL is crashing too)
Ok, then take pics of your settings in dolphin, the config tabs and graphics tabs, upload them somewhere, and then link them here
Pages: 1 2