Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Beatles Rock Band Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kOmmander13

hello, i was trying run the beatles rock band on dolphin 4.0-1720 but game got lag, i tried configure minimal settings as resolution (640 x 480) , anti-alasing (None), anisotropic (1x), dual core enabled, idle skipping enabled, all CPU Emulator Engine modes... i've used Direct3D11, OpenGl, etc etc...

My pc specs:

*AMD A10 5750m Quad Core 2.5 Ghz with Radeon HD 8650G (720 MHz core speed, with 384 Stream processors and 1024 MB DDR3)
*AMD HD 7970m 850 MHz core speed, with 1280 Stream processors, 2048 MB GDDR5 at 256-bit.
*12 Gb RAM 1600 Mhz

i think this hardware is sufficient but i can't get 60 FPS stable.

I made sure to use high-performance graphics card (HD 7970m)

I hope you can help me
Nah, your hardware is probably no sufficient, it's an AMD mobile processor which has pretty low IPC, which Dolphin wants.

I could do more research on your processor, but honestly AMD's very best processors are almost half the speed of Intel's very best, so I can't imagine how a mobile AMD would do at only 2.5 GHz... that's probably WAY under powered.
I believe that the mobile A10s and desktop A10s are exactly the same, anyways, so it doesn't make much of a difference that it's mobile.

I have no idea how this game runs, so I can't help you. I'd rip it and tell you, but our copy's for the PS3.

But, pretty much, you're probably having CPU issues.

kOmmander13

(05-28-2014, 06:07 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, your hardware is probably no sufficient, it's an AMD mobile processor which has pretty low IPC, which Dolphin wants.

I could do more research on your processor, but honestly AMD's very best processors are almost half the speed of Intel's very best, so I can't imagine how a mobile AMD would do at only 2.5 GHz... that's probably WAY under powered.

i know amd processors have low power than intel processors, but an frequency 2500 MHz and 3500 MHz with turbo frequency isn't really sufficient?

(05-29-2014, 07:55 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that the mobile A10s and desktop A10s are exactly the same, anyways, so it doesn't make much of a difference that it's mobile.

I have no idea how this game runs, so I can't help you. I'd rip it and tell you, but our copy's for the PS3.

But, pretty much, you're probably having CPU issues.

according to what I read... probably :'(
(05-29-2014, 11:34 AM)kOmmander13 Wrote: [ -> ]but an frequency 2500 MHz and 3500 MHz with turbo frequency isn't really sufficient?

Nope, it's not sufficient. Your AMD CPU has to reach very high clock speeds to get decent speed in some games.
This guide may help you get a little bit more performance out of your laptop: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

kOmmander13

(05-29-2014, 11:43 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]This guide may help you get a little bit more performance out of your laptop: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

thx for guide, i will try