Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphical Glitch in Rune Factory Frontier.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

I've been wanting to play Rune Factory: Frontier using Dolphin; however, I've got this one problem with the main character model. It's like it renders a line right at the back of his head. You can see it in the below image. I've tried playing with all the settings, but no luck.

I looked at some videos of people playing it on Dolphin, and one person had this line, but another player didn't have it. He mentioned r4748 in the youtube comments, but I couldn't find any versions of Dolphin that old. Here's a link to this video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-NkHX...pgSfTwPBLQ

[Image: PpFV62A.png]

Thanks.
(05-28-2014, 11:23 AM)xHaydenx Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried playing with all the settings, but no luck.

There are a lot of settings. It's doubtful that you tried every single possible combination (hint: there are hundreds of possible combinations). Show us what you've got set currently set as screenshots.
Yeah, I didn't try absolutely every configuration.
However, found something interesting on the net: I was looking up screenshots of the game and I found images on IGN where the main character has that line, and I highly doubt a site like IGN is using Dolphin.
So I'm wondering why it isn't here in this video using Dolphin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAQcApug...3&index=66

Do you think it could be something to do with the region? I'm using the NTSC version. Might the PAL version render differently?
It could just be that the Dolphin revision used in that video is simply not as accurate as the original Wii hardware. Given that the video was made in 2009 (at a time when a lot of things Dolphin did was inaccurate) I'm willing to bet the developers hadn't done whatever was necessary to make the graphics look like what the Wii outputs, at least not back then.
Right, that video is from 2009. I'm using Dolphin 4.0 and I have that line, but he doesn't in that older video with the older version.

Shouldn't 4.0 be rendering it better than the old version?
(05-28-2014, 02:59 PM)xHaydenx Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't 4.0 be rendering it better than the old version?

Not if 4.0 is accurate like a real Wii and a real Wii draws that same line. Accuracy is colletively one of the developers' many goals. Sure the absence of the line looks visually better to users, but the reason why it was missing was probably due to a bug that glitched other games.
Thats odd. Do you know of anyway I could get that r4748 version of Dolphin that that guy uses in that video. I tried Dolphin's site but the revisions aren't backed up that far.

Also, I actually have a feeling that the line is a seam where hats are connected via joints on the character model rig. I've seen some similar things making games.
I'm guessing the line only shows up on certain angles looking at the model.
JMC47, Yeah, it does. It's only on the back of the head, so you can see it any time that's facing you.