Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using real SD cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to tell dolphin to use a drive on my computer as an SD card. I have an actual SD card inserted into drive F, and it's a pain to always create a new sd.raw whenever I want to test changes I've made to it. Is this possible?
No, for a lot of reasons it's not possible to do that.
Can you explain what reasons those are? Or even one of them?
I will flag down one of the people that know more about the issue than me. But I think the basic gist of it is that it can't be done.
It is technically possible, but no one has worked on it (only need to access the card as a raw device). Also, you really run the risk of corrupting the card in this case if dolphin were to crash or even just have a bug leading to invalid data/accesses to the card. And sadly, neither of those things are very uncommon.

I would just suggest syncing the individual files you'res interested in sharing, or making an image of the sd card and replacing sd.raw with that.
(05-28-2014, 10:45 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]It is technically possible, but no one has worked on it (only need to access the card as a raw device). Also, you really run the risk of corrupting the card in this case if dolphin were to crash or even just have a bug leading to invalid data/accesses to the card. And sadly, neither of those things are very uncommon.

I would just suggest syncing the individual files you'res interested in sharing, or making an image of the sd card and replacing sd.raw with that.
Ah, I see. I already do make an image of the sd card im using, but I am using the sd card to test something I am constantly tweaking, so it can get really annoying needing to make a new image every time I make a change (making an image only takes a couple minutes, but thats a long time when you have to do it so much).