Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't create save file in SSBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SuperParadox

Hello, I'm realatively new to dolphin emulation so please understand that I'm not too smart in this field.

I'm trying to play SSBB, but when I boot up the game it will not create a save file. It will either almost freeze and go extremely slow, or say "not enough blocks". I have tried quite a few things, including:

Making sd.raw bigger with a program
Downloading save files from the internet, and putting them in Wii\title\00010000\52534245\data and just \Wii\
Booting with Gecko
Booting with and without "Insert SD Card" checked

The only other thing I can think of is to completely uninstall and reinstall Dolphin.

Also, I have gone into the game without a save file, and I consider it pretty playable.
You can try deleting the Dolphin Emulator folder in My Documents. Then open Dolphin again and try again.

SuperParadox

Worked! Thanks a lot! Big Grin
the first save in SSBB takes a few minutes, if you close dolphin during this you can corrupt the save.
Anyone looking at this in the future can note that just deleting the ssbb save files should be enough