Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio seems distorted (not skipping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gidvid23

Im running 4.0.2 on Windows 7 x64.

Games seem to run fine, audio seems to be synced up properly, but at certain points the audio gets very distorted or fuzzy sounding.

I've tried messing around with the DSP Engine but it always seems to sound just the same no matter what I change.
I also tried just taking Dolphin's volume down to see if its own loudness was causing the fuzz, but to no avail.

Any help on this?
What audio backend are you using? What games?

gidvid23

(05-27-2014, 04:09 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]What audio backend are you using? What games?

It's on OpenAL with a Latency of 2. I've tried it on XAudio2 and DSound but it still gets the same effect.

I've only played Kirby: Air Ride and Luigi's Mansion, and it's apparent at certain louder points in the music for Luigi that it gets distorted, and the only spot Ive noticed it in Kirby is in the little intro movie, but it's a VERY bad sound (like metal grinding against each other).
You could try a redump of your games and see if the new dumps work the same. Corrupt dumps normally present those sympthoms.