Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screeching noise when running bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am using Dolphin 4.0. I want it to use the gamecube bios, and when it shows the animated gamecube logo, it makes a high pitched noise. I've placed the DSP files where I thought they're supposed to go in the sys folder and in the documents\dolphin emulator\GC folder and switched the audio to use LLE. But nothing I've tried has worked. I tried it on Dolphin 3.0 and it plays the sounds correctly. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to do to get the sound to play properly under 4.0?
I'm not totally sure but GC BIOS work properly only with official DSP dumps, the free ones bundled with Dolphin have some issues...
Try with 4.0.2 or higher.
This is a known bug with DSP HLE. You have to use DSP LLE for the bios to avoid the screeching. Also, you need virtual or real xfb.

Since this limits your options for settings you can use in games, having the bios run before games it is definitely not recommended.

Also, use the latest development version or at least 4.0.2 from the official site https://dolphin-emu.org/download/.
@MaJoR: Real XFB is enough, considering it fixes the image when under OGL. (Or is that fixed?).
Real XFB is more severe than Virtual XFB; RealXFB is stuck at 1x Native but Virtual XFB doesn't constrain any other options. Why are you talking about "enough"? It's like saying EFB to Texture works but EFB to Ram is good enough. That makes no sense.

And yes Virtual XFB works with the bios just fine under OGL. Did you even try it before suggesting stuff? I did.
On slightly older dev builds, it used to show half the BIOS image on OGL if not using Real XFB...
Well, I did a quick series of testing. 4.0, 4.0-307, 4.0-609, 4.0-1266, and what I already tested 4.0-1690. All OGL virtual XFB, all work fine. *shrug*
I remember that half-screen bug. Don't care enough to find the revisions Tongue