Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me config Dolphin for my Laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lyth

Hi Everyone,

I am currently running Dolphin 4.0 64bit.

My stats are:

Intel i5 M430 at 2.3ghz
Nvidia 330m (1GB + 2GB "shared" memory)
6GB Ram

The current games I have are:
Bomberman Land 2 JAP
SRS Street Racing Syndicate
Custom ROBO
Wind Waker
Super Smash Bros

Bomberman Land 2 is a compilation of games, sorta. So some games run fine, while some (even when roaming around the "city" that looks like GBA graphics) run at like 40fps.
SRS Runs at 60fps on menu, and videos. But then runs at 30ish FPS when in game.
Super Smash runs at 60fps (sometimes drops to 58).
Custom Robo runs about the same as Super Smash.
Wind Waker lags sometimes, and runs about 40-50 fps.

Can any of you help me config Dolphin? It seems that I keep having to config it differently for each game. Is there a profile option?

I've attached my Nvidia control panel settings for Dolphin.
Your laptop is too weak for Dolphin . Those games are light-weight games though ...
Performance guide may help but :
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
Don't expect great performance with yours . Most games are unplayable even on my laptop (latest Dolphin version, obviously)
Quote:I keep having to config it differently for each game. Is there a profile option?
Yes . Right-click the game in Dolphin game list -> Properties -> Game Config

lyth

(05-26-2014, 05:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop is too weak for Dolphin . Those games are light-weight games though ...
Performance guide may help but :
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
Don't expect great performance with yours . Most games are unplayable even on my laptop (latest Dolphin version, obviously)
Quote:I keep having to config it differently for each game. Is there a profile option?
Yes . Right-click the game in Dolphin game list -> Properties -> Game Config

Alright, I'll take a look at the thread.

Also, I've seen this suggested a few times; getting a PAL version of a game as it runs at 50fps, instead of 60fps. Would that help? (Since some of the games I want to play currently run at about 50fps-ish out of 60 and are NTSC).