Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Project M Modded Copy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a friend of mine is trying to make a community Netplay build of Project M. We want to have both the vanilla injected Project M iso and the modded version of the injected Project M iso in the same directory. But if we try to run Netplay it will default to the vanilla version? Is there a way to have both? Maybe change the gameid of the build? Would that work? How would we do it?
Hexedit? :3
(05-26-2014, 11:08 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hexedit? :3

What is that and what would I have to do?
You could change the internal name of the game and dolphin would see them as 2 different games (I'm not sure where in the game the name is stored, but I'm sure it is near the top and easy to find)
(05-26-2014, 12:00 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You could change the internal name of the game and dolphin would see them as 2 different games (I'm not sure where in the game the name is stored, but I'm sure it is near the top and easy to find)

So I have to change the name (RSBEPM) to something else?
I believe so
(05-26-2014, 12:49 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe so

So I'm using this builder (http://www.mediafire.com/download/bumjjo...1_FULL.zip) to inject Project M files into SSBB, I tried changing this section
[Image: 91yi2.png]
about the game ID but when I ran the builder and opened the iso in Dolphin it said please insert SSBB disc? Any idea? Also if we were to go the route of having to hexedit the iso, would this change the md5 of the iso? Because preferably I would want to avoid having to hex edit because we are trying to get this builder out to many people and each person having to hexedit their iso would probably lead to a lot of people not knowing what they're doing.
Also tried hexeditting using HxD and changed RSBEPM to RSBEXX and saved it, however it didn't change the game ID in Dolphin. Don't know what else to try.