Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Load state crashes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to load state it seems to crash the emulator for me.

Upon googling it seemed that this feature has been flawed for a while and loading a virtual memory card is suggested? ( Looking into how to do this now )

But it also said this feature should be working with the 4.0 version of the emulator? Is there any way to fix this?
Unless you have exceedingly bad luck, 4.0 should not crash upon loading a save state. Are you trying to use a save state from an earlier version of Dolphin? Save state should not crash normally (or at all) in 4.0 and above. You can try using the latest development revision (4.0-17xx or whatever is available for download) but any previous save states you have will be incompatible in all likelihood.
(05-26-2014, 08:39 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you have exceedingly bad luck, 4.0 should not crash upon loading a save state. Are you trying to use a save state from an earlier version of Dolphin? Save state should not crash normally (or at all) in 4.0 and above. You can try using the latest development revision (4.0-17xx or whatever is available for download) but any previous save states you have will be incompatible in all likelihood.

Will try it again and see how it works, think I figured out how to use the virtual memory card though. ^^

While I think I saved it on the 4.0 version...I have like three versions on my desktop, so maybe I was on the wrong one when I saved it. >.<
It happens. Restarting and trying to load it again should work. The issue lies in loading, where it can randomly fail. Saving the state works fine.