Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games freezing upon opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

evanbg

So I have been using the dolphin for the past few days without any trouble, but this morning when I loaded it up and tried to run Super Smash Bros. Melee, it froze at an opening screen. It then did the same thing in Super Mario Sunshine on a black screen. Same thing happened with Super Smash Bros Brawl. I do not know what I could have done to mess the emulator up. Is there any way to fix this?

EDIT: I even tried deleting dolphin a few times and reinstalling it. Didn't help.

My specs:

Dolphin version 4.0-648

CPU: 3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Have you tried with recent versions? Also, make sure your games arenĀ“t corrupt.

evanbg

I have tried with 4.0-652, which I believe is the newest version for netplay, but I ran into the same problem. When I did that, however, I noticed the settings folder located in ~/user/library/applicationsupport/dolphin does not disappear when I delete the actual application. Could that be causing the problem?

Also, how do I check to see that the games aren't corrupt?
In Dolphin, go to the settings of the game, go to info and write down the game ID. Search on the internet and see if your game ID matches. If it is different, redump the game.

I had a black screen problem with Super Mario Galaxy, seemed that my ISO did not work; had to redump it again for it to work. Still don't know what went wrong.
Upgrade to osx 10.9.3

evanbg

I ended up resolving the issue by not just deleting the application, but deleting the ApplicationSupport folder for Dolphin in the library that normally gets left behind. No clue why it worked, but it did.

Avastor

Deleted.