Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wondering if my rig will cut it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering if my rig will cut it for Super Mario Galaxy,Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip, and Super Smash Bros Brawl?

My specs are:

i5 4440 @ 3.1ghz

8GB GSkill Value RAM

MSI GTX 650 1GB OC Edition

Win 8 64 bit

It there is anything else you need to know just ask.
That should do it for SSBB, I'm not sure at all for the snowboarding game, and SMG is supposed to still not run full speed on a stock 4670k without putting time into configuring the game so that it doesn't work properly.
If I can't get SMG to run on my rig I will have to resort to the Wii. It's not that big of a deal though. I've gotten used to having slowdowns on PCSX2 while playing Ratchet and Clank, so it's nothing too new to me.
Nobbs66, Your rig should do fine for all of the above games. SMG is not a CPU hog from what I understand, not nearly as much as TLS or LoZ: TP (Hyrule Field) at least. kinkinkijkin, I think you're confusing SMG with TP; we know TP can't run fullspeed on an OC'ed i5-4670K, but just last week JMC47 confirmed that he could run SMG1 with almost no slowdowns with an i5-3570K. I have no trouble with SMG2 at 3.8GHz with an i5-2500K (though some parts stress my GPU when it's greater than 2x IR, particularly the opening scene with Bowser). SMG 1 and 2 tend to be fairly demanding on the GPU however, but the GPU the OP specified should not have any problems
(05-23-2014, 01:16 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Nobbs66, Your rig should do fine for all of the above games. SMG is not a CPU hog from what I understand, not nearly as much as TLS or LoZ: TP (Hyrule Field) at least. kinkinkijkin, I think you're confusing SMG with TP; we know TP can't run fullspeed on an OC'ed i5-4670K, but just last week JMC47 confirmed that he could run SMG1 with almost no slowdowns with an i5-3570K. I have no trouble with SMG2 at 3.8GHz with an i5-2500K (though some parts stress my GPU when it's greater than 2x IR, particularly the opening scene with Bowser). SMG 1 and 2 tend to be fairly demanding on the GPU however, but the GPU the OP specified should not have any problems

That sounds great. Thanks. It's nice not having to switch video cables around for the Wii, ps3, and ps2.
Hey Nobbs66 from the forums at pcsx2, welcome. Your specs should be able to run Super Mario Galaxy especially since the HLE fix and recent developments builds has made it faster to run. I couldn't tell you Shaun White, however, Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a lightweight game so you shouldn't have problems running it fullspeed.
(05-23-2014, 11:14 PM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Nobbs66 from the forums at pcsx2, welcome. Your specs should be able to run Super Mario Galaxy especially since the HLE fix and recent developments builds has made it faster to run. I couldn't tell you Shaun White, however, Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a lightweight game so you shouldn't have problems running it fullspeed.

The main reason I got my rig was for emulation. I didn't care about OC'ing my CPU, so I got the i5 4440 which is proving quite nice. It should be fun to play a few of my Wii games on my PC. Maybe I will actually finish SMG.