Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My New Dolphin Rig (Is it good enough?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-25-2014, 06:09 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If you can wait another few months, get the Haswell refresh for the i5-4670k. It will be better at overclocking and whatnot. You'll need to change to a Z97 motherboard for that, though

Hmm... You're right, also they will release DDR4 RAM and new motherboards for the processors. I'll have to think about it but I can't buy it for at lease another month so I will see when they are released.
But then I will also need to swap my MoBo but I hope everything will still be compatible as I like what I have now.

The question is by the time the new chips and RAM are announced will the current parts in my build be old and obsolete meaning I might as well just make a whole new build on PC part picker...
Thanks to Intel, you need a completely new Motherboard for the overclockable Haswell refreshes,
Intel, always thinking of the consumers first, aren't they?
(even though they use the same socket and would be perfectly compatible)
How big will the speed difference be between the Haswell and new Broadwell (the ones better at OCing)?
These aren't broadwell. They're the haswell refresh.
The're basically the same CPUs wll like a 100 Mhz stock speed increase, and then better thermal conduction in the TIM to give better overclocking speeds.
Pages: 1 2