Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX me going slower than OpenGL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Scrayl

Hi all, I register on this forum to clarify a question, what happens is that when I play with the emulator I do in OpenGL with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and DirectX 9 games with others (not suffer from problems of slow or sound choppy ) , the issue is that after changing the drivers of my plate Grafica 13.2 14.4 experience a serious slow all API (DirectX 9 and 11, OpenGL) when playing, and choose which is the amount fps was 40-43 in SSBB , I had to uninstall the drivers and everything, and reinstall after the situation became more or less as before , but is down to 45 fps with OpenGL ( always before going to 50 fps, or is the maximum rate at that game ) theme it is with Mario Kart Wii, which once used always DirectX 9 to keep the 60 stable fps ( in certain circumstances down to 55 fps but only sometimes ) now goes slower , where the rate fps comes to lie below 50, and then by snooping switch to OpenGL and incredibly rose to 60 fps in situations where DirectX 9 down to 49-48 did not understand how this happened , then went back to using DirectX 9 and as that the situation improved and also the rate rose to 60 fps , even so still experiencing some fps dips are very annoying because the sound stutters Dolphin 4.0.2, could someone tell me what is happening with emulation ? ?

Another question that also has me puzzled is the fact that when I play I see my chart goes to 400 Mhz GPU Clock (frequency is based) when my graph is manufactured with 800 Mhz to 900 Mhz Overclock, I have suspect that this causes my GPU does not use its full potential and if so then could play my monitor resolution and not the native 640x528, if someone could tell me why this happens or maybe give me a solution would be grateful
not like putting pictures so they'll put the link, you will see that the base frequency is 400 MHz, but the HD 6670 is manufactured with 800 Mhz (eh never dropped) and temperatures hardly rise to 50 ยบ C

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/dsJbTbgKO-g/maxresdefault.jpg

By the way sorry if my English is poor, what happens is that I am using Google Translate to translate Smile
You can create a High Performance profile on AMD Catalyst Center. Most games (well, every game) suffers from stutters when running them the first time due to the way Shader Cache works. After running or playing it several times it should go with almost no problems.