Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resolution size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

azoreseuropa

Can you add 320X240 for Graphics option ? All I see is 640X480 and up. Reason? Just for a screen capture as fun and perfect for wordpad. Something like that. Thanks.
If you're talking about the Fullscreen Resolution (Graphics -> General Tab) that's dependent on what your display actually supports. If it doesn't support 320x240, Dolphin won't even show it.

If you need to reduce the size of a 640x480 screenshot, just use an image editor.

azoreseuropa

(05-23-2014, 02:21 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]If you're talking about the Fullscreen Resolution (Graphics -> General Tab) that's dependent on what your display actually supports. If it doesn't support 320x240, Dolphin won't even show it.

If you need to reduce the size of a 640x480 screenshot, just use an image editor.

Thanks for replying but to reduce the size using the image editor will lose the quality, right ? I am using Gimp, Paint.NET, and Paint.
(05-23-2014, 02:32 AM)bearmon2010 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for replying but to reduce the size using the image editor will lose the quality, right ? I am using Gimp, Paint.NET, and Paint.

Actually it's the other way around. Making it bigger reduces the quality, because for example 1 pixel is going to be spread over 4.
Making it smaller may even improve the quality. It's like downsampeling.
The native resolution of the GC is 640x528. Any image smaller than that is going to lose quality. If you tell Dolphin to stretch it to 320x240 for fullscreen, you're losing quality regardless. It's almost the same as scaling the image down yourself, except the emulator does it instead of an editor.

azoreseuropa

Okay. Thank you guys. Smile