Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom Freezes all the time on latest build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Old School GG

So I started playing it on version 3.5 a several days ago. The menus items in-game (during the battle scenarios) weren't being highlighted so it was unplayable. I downloaded the latest version of Dolphin (from this website) a couple days ago which made the menu items highlighted so I proceeded with playing the game. The game froze during the third mission which didn't happen again when I replayed the mission. It froze again on the fifth mission and I did the say thing as the third mission to get by it.

Once I got to the seventh mission it always froze at some point during the battles and I was never able to get by that mission despite trying multiple attempts on different settings.

I'm thinking it's completely unplayable at this point, but if anyone had some suggestions regarding how I could stop the freezing that would be great.
Try changing to single core mode; unstable crashes usually point to dualcore desync issues.

Old School GG

(05-22-2014, 03:07 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing to single core mode; unstable crashes usually point to dualcore desync issues.

I unchecked 'enable dual core' and the game still freezes.
Try the latest development versions and post all your settings.

Old School GG

I just used build 4.0-1698 and it still freezes. I'm not going to keep trying with newer builds just to have it freeze. It seems like its just a waste of time at this point. Makes me wonder why the game has 4 stars...

Settings:

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...0081_o.jpg
Can you grab the disc MD5 from the game properties info tab?

Old School GG

There's no "MD5" in the info tab...

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...3170_n.jpg
You need a recent version of dolphin for that. You seem to be using the stable, which is rubbish. I think that term should be dropped, because it doesn't really apply to dolphin.
@kinkinkijkin - Stable refers to the fact that the program's development was not in flux (feature and string freezes, major/critical bugs were closed, no new drastic merges, etc) not the quality of how Dolphin should run each and every game. If you want it changed, feel free to convince decades of software development terminology that it needs to use a different word (good luck :p) FYI, "stable" builds are used in many, many others projects besides Dolphin, so it's not just Dolphin's "problem".
Switch over from LLE audio to HLE audio